Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Good Idea/For Sure?

Good morning to all…..

I must tell you that each and every day that I sit with you I have a bird sitting on my lap. Yes it is true. Her name is Sammy and she is a Cockatiel. Spoiled you ask? Perhaps so but she is content and feeling oh so safe.

My Alexa was saying yesterday…."so and so wanted a pet and they got a dog"…. then again “so and so wanted a pet and they got a dog”…."we wanted a pet and we got a BIRD!" Do you think Alexa is totally happy with this???? All I can tell you is that I do not have to walk this pet outside! I win!!!

I want to share a funny thing that happened yesterday to George and me. This is about reading and hearing the same thing but getting a different understanding of it. Now this could get
one into trouble.

We both received an e-mail yesterday and began to share with each other our understanding of it. Well, what I received in understanding and what George received totally changed the meaning of the e-mail.

We both laughed and said, “Isn’t it funny how we read the same thing but understand the words so differently.”

How do misunderstandings take place; how are people misquoted? It is because we all see things in a different light. Thank goodness we are not always harmed by our misunderstanding of the spoken or written word.

Now George still says “how can you dispute data/truth?” Well he has a point there but it always happens. We have our own mind and our own thoughts. We have our own will and our own discernment. Sometimes this is where the problems lie.

So we end up saying…"What did I miss?" “What did they say?” “I didn’t read it that way?” “Really?”

It is too funny sometimes. George and I just look at each other in utter surprise and say, “that is not what they meant.” Just like we know for sure!!! Then George takes a stand and says…"now you see why I tell you how the clock was made."

Here’s to knowing For Sure... Enjoy your most wonderful day and go out there and make a difference. Nancy (What does she mean by that???)

No comments:

Post a Comment