Friday, April 10, 2009

The Good Idea/Rise Up

Happy Easter to all….

“This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
How true…we are headed for a triumphant entry!

As I sit at my desk I look upon a most beautiful arrangement of flowers. Just outside my door there sits an antique wash basin. In this wash basin I have placed an arrangement of tulips.

When I received these tulips from one of my friends this week; they were not opened. I could tell by their strong stalks and straight forms that they were going to be beautiful. What I did not know was what color they were. I was looking forward to this surprise.

As the week progressed I could see tiny openings begin to burst forth color. The promise was getting me excited to see the rest.

My friend told me that by Easter the tulips would be in full bloom. “They will rise up to the occasion” he said. They have done just that. This is just like the promise made many, many years ago -

2 Corinthians 4:14 (NASB)
14 knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.

My prayer for you is that you have a blessed and glorious Easter celebration. After the bunnies have been unwrapped, after the eggs have been found (that is important!), after the cards have been distributed; I pray that you will think on the TRUE meaning of Easter and thank our Lord and Savior for his sacrifice….because He loves us so very much!

This is a time to rejoice because the promises are being fulfilled. By the way, the colors of the tulips are a beautiful shading of pink. How did my friend know that pink was my favorite color?

Happy Easter to you all and may God bless you on this most magnificent of celebrations! Resurrection Sunday…talk about a difference that has been made! Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment