Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Good Idea/To hard to continue?

Good morning everyone –

I’m working here with two sweaters on, long socks, and the heat up. (Is this April?) I look outside my window and see a most wonderful sight. There sitting in a tree is a very beautiful, dark red Cardinal. I say thank you Lord for this promise of warmth soon to come!

Then to add “insult to injury” as my Mama would say, I spoke with one of my Sisters over the phone and she tells me that it is going to be in the 80’s today where she lives. That’s OK….our time will soon come.

Today I would like to pose a question for you to ponder. Do you feel that if something is “too hard” to get or accomplish; that it means you are not supposed to have it?

There are many theories on this one. Some say, “Nothing worth having comes easy.” and “If you struggle too much, you better let it go.”

Do you see the common idea here…..”Easy.” Whoever said that life would be easy? It is through our struggles and strides that we grow into who we are. Yes, sometimes it comes easier than others but in other times we must work at it.

So how do we decipher whether or not we should hang in there or forgo it all and start with something else? That answer is easy….you “JustAsk.”

We do not have all of the answers, why I would even venture to say that we do not have a hint on most of the questions. There is an all-knowing Source where the questions are already answered. Do I continue, do I quit? Or do I take the guess work out of it and hand those questions over to the One who knows.

I feel that it is true that all things come with a price and some of those prices are harder to come by than others. However, if that is where you are to be then you must hang in there because “joy will come in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5 NKJV)

Not all things come easy and that is called growth….to grow is good. It shows development and character. I have heard that sometimes the more difficult the situation….the bigger the reward in the end.

Does it really matter what our thoughts are on this one way or the other? What matters is that we do not give up too soon or too easily. The answer may just be around the corner. So hang in there in whatever you may be facing today because you might just be the one to make the difference. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment