Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Good Idea/Home

Hello and Good morning!

Don’t you just love the sound of “Good Morning?” What a way to start your day. When “Good Morning” is spoken in an upbeat fashion it just puts a smile on your face and a spring in your step. Does this only happen to me???? I even feel better when I express “Good Morning” in a sing-song way. (My family says this is what I do…I think I might annoy them.)

Oh well, “I gotta’ be me…” as the song goes.

Today I want to talk about “home.” Yes, the home that you live in. It is your structure that keeps you safe and warm and happy and content. When you say the word “home” what feeling does that give to you? I pray a good feeling.

George and I had a conversation on “coming home” and how good that feels. When you are tired mentally or physically, when you are cold, when you are too hot or when you just need a place to sit down…isn’t “home” a wonderful place?

You can also see a need for “home” on someone’s face. You just know by looking at a person that they need to go “home.” They have a need to re-juice themselves, fill up again and get ready to step back out.

The comforts of that couch, the warmth of small blankets that you just throw over your legs, small lights glowing in the corner…."home" a safe place to be when you are done with your day. “HOME” the place you want to be when it is all said and done.

Many people do not have a safe “home.” Many people are crying out for a soft place to land. There is such a place where the safety net is so big that you cannot see the corners. This is the real “HOME!”

My hope for those who do not have a warm and safe place to land is that you will soon smell the cinnamon baking in the over, you will see the candles lit and the blankets on your bed are always fluffy and oh so comfy!

There is a place called “HOME” if you JustAsk. I love coming “home,” it is the place where goodness begins! Enjoy this day and I pray that you too love your home….what a difference it makes. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment