Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Good Idea/Preparations

Good day to all…..

I’ve almost lost the morning time…where has the time gone to again???? Just an update from yesterday, Matthew got us “back” from our April Fools joke on him. Last night he taped the handle down on the sprayer at the sink. When George and I turned the faucet on it sprayed us….HA HA…our look must have been priceless. Matthew is still laughing this morning. Good going Matthew…. you make us laugh!

Today I want to talk about preparation. Preparation – how ready are you? How well do you prepare for your day, your speech, your presentation or your tests?

This week our kids have had numerous tests…all of which they had to study for. We study a few days before, the night before and again in the morning. The kids prepare for what is to come.

Going into a job presentation, George prepares with documents, spread sheets (he loves doing this…) and he reads up on publications that deal with his subject matter.

When I step out I am prepared with the information needed but also I am lead quite often by inspiration.

However we all do it, it is done. We cannot advance on life just helter-skelter. We must plan for how it is to come about. What do you want to say, what do you want to convey and how do you want to do it? The planning process – important to the outcome.

One must be ready and prepared for each and every battle that they experience. If we are not prepared then we will be defeated. Simple as that.

All great speakers prepare ahead of time; corporate executives prepare before the big meeting, ministers prepare before they preach, teachers prepare their lessons. It is about being effective and holding someone’s attention.

Henry Ford once said, “Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.” This man probably knew the truth inside and out.

When you are prepared you present yourself in such a way that others will know that you are ready for them. We respect others when we are prepared.

Sometimes we have to prepare for the unexpected. I believe that we do this by standing in integrity and never surrendering the truth.

I say let’s do our homework, prepare for what we have to do. If I’ve come to listen I want to know that you are ready for me.

So in preparation - it is my desire to always deliver to you what I have prepared in advance for and in what I have been inspired to share.

Enjoy your day and get yourself ready…sometimes the preparations are the best part. When you show up ready, the difference will be noticed. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment