Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Good Idea/Ceiling and Floor

Hello and Good morning!

What a great day! A day full of surprises and promises! I’m looking around every corner for opportunities and keeping my expectations high. “I’m walking on sunshine….woooah….and don’t it feel good?” What ever happened to Katrina and The Waves???? Have I asked that before?

Today I want to talk about doing it “better.” Yes, doing it “better” then before. Doing it “better” then the one that went before you.

If you are a parent then this you understand. We want “better” for our children then we had it. We want “better” for our children then the way we are doing it.

We want to see them excel. We want to see them arrive at new heights. That is it….making our ceiling of accomplishments their floor!!!!

Now the next generation or even the person close to you has a starting point. Start at my ceiling. (Not that I have reached it yet!!)

For example…my Alexa has asked me, “How do you type so fast on the computer?” Well I tell her that she has to practice.

Those of you who grew up with regular typewriters remember this….."Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." HA HA….remember that???

I must have typed this a million times in typing class. (Oh, memory lane…) Anyway it is about practice, practice and more practice.

I tell Alexa how I came to be where I am. So I say, “Alexa just practice a lot and you will be faster and more accurate than I am.” She will use my ceiling as her floor. I just love this.

George likes to look at it this way….the telephone – let’s say that the old crank style of years ago was the ceiling “back then.” Nothing could beat it until someone came along and had another vision which took the crank style into another level – and so on. It just keeps getting better and better.

Let’s build on what has already been done. George keeps saying, “No need to reinvent the wheel.” (He seems very familiar with those “old” things, doesn’t he?)

It is wonderful to know that we have a place to start. Find someone doing what you want to do and use their expertise to fuel your dreams and desires. (Their ceiling) Pass on the good works that you have accomplished and the world will go around and around.

Once I tried using my mother-in-law’s ceiling as my floor to start painting murals….she said, “Give the paint brush back to me!” OK….so it doesn’t work every time!!

Limits, we really do not have any…some just do it better than others! I hope that you have a glorious day today. Here’s to reaching new heights…let’s raise the bar, shall we? Oh, what a difference that will make. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment