Monday, April 6, 2009

The Good Idea/Service

Good morning my friends….

What a way to start the week; a little rain, a few clouds and now the sun is out. I love it when it is mixed up a bit. “There’s a surprise in every box.”

I participated in a service project this weekend and I have to let you know that the love and generosity of others overwhelms me.

I’ve seen hearts open up, wallets open up and genuine concern overflow. WOW – compassion is not dead. Sometimes is may sleep for a bit, get refreshed but when it returns it returns ten-fold! AMEN, it is great!

We may feel at times that we have “no more” to give. We say, “I’m spent.” “I cannot go another step.” “I cannot give another penny.” HA HA….then you are called upon and you give, give, and give!

I’ve seen the love in people’s hearts. I've seen the gratitude which comes forth when we help others. And the best part…this giving makes us happy.

Albert Schweitzer said, “Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier.”

I’ve taken on the burdens of others, haven’t you? Is it hard? You bet. You get caught up in the situation and before long you are living it. You are crying it. You are looking for ways to get out…..then you feel a sense of peace come over you.

When we get involved with others; we are taking on the task of what is asked of us. We are helping out our fellow man….and isn’t that what we have been talking about for a while now?

True happiness and contentment come from being in service to others. Look what this does; it not only helps out your fellow friend(s) it also gets your mind off of yourself.

I’ve heard some say, “I didn’t know how good I had it until I started helping others.” By being in service, it helps to put your life into perspective. Maybe just maybe things in our lives are not so bad after all.

We concentrate so much on ourselves; our needs, wants, and desires that we loose hold of the fact that we are really in the want of nothing.

Haven’t so many of us been blessed by His goodness? If that is you, are you sharing it? Are you doing something with that blessing besides holding onto it? We need to spread it like the farmer getting his field ready.

Spread the joy, spread the love, spread the wealth…..give of yourself until you can’t stand the happiness any longer. You are smiling so much, our face hurts.

People will say. “What is wrong with you?” You will say, “Absolutely nothing, what can I do for you?” Talk about making a difference….! Enjoy all that you do today. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment