Friday, July 31, 2009

The Good Idea/Repeated messages

Good morning to all….

From time to time I hear messages being repeated over and over again. Does that happen to you? If you hear it once or see it once; you will hear it or see it again.

When this happens I definitely take notice and realize that God is sending a message to me for one reason or another. The same is true for you. The question becomes - are we listening? Are we seeing?

Recently I’ve come in contact with situations where people feel that they are not growing under their current conditions.

What to do? These are situations where friends or family are concerned. People do not want to hurt others by moving forward so sometimes they just sit for the sake of peace.

Sometimes for the sake of peace we find ourselves in a place of complacency. Not growing, not moving forward…we are actually going backwards while the world around us is moving forward.

OK….so now you are sitting by quietly keeping the peace. You are feeling a bit anxious and want more but you are settled because it is comfortable and non-threatening.

So what is my message here – what is the Lord showing me….that we all need to grow. We need to break out of complacency and into a place of learning. Into a place of stepping out. Into a place of reaching higher and trusting in His guidance.

For some it may be best to keep the pace current but for others the pace must be picked up and run just a little harder or different.

A few years ago I was encouraged to move on with my life and my beliefs. I took heed and discovered truth for myself that I never realized before. I broke free of my then current situation and stepped forth. Freedom was found.

I’ve listened and talked with others who want to move on but wonder if they should. I say yes, move on. The desire has been placed in your heart and you must honor that. You are being called out – step forth into the goodness that God has for you.

Have you heard the expression, “lead, follow or get out of the way?” How true…make a stand…lead the group into a new area or let the ones go that need a change.

We are called to change. We are called to grow. We are called to reach higher and farther than we ever dreamed possible. Don’t sit in a ho-hum group rehashing the same old thing. God has bigger plans for you.

“JustAsk” what those plans may be. You may find that they are different from what you are currently doing. Enjoy your wonderful day. Nancy (
www.justaskbooks.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment