Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Good Idea/Balanced Life

Good morning to all….



This morning I started the day by ushering out a few family members….one by one they left to fulfill their daily obligations. I realize more and more that it is not the “job” we have or where we go; it is what we do with that job and what we do where we go.



I kiss each one goodbye, even walk them out, wave about a million times (not kidding!) and bless each one with daily blessings.



It is so easy to touch upon each other with words of blessing. We say “I love you.” “Have a wonderful day.” “I can’t wait to see you later on.” And my favorite…."Did you leave any money for me on the desk?" (HA HA …a blessing to myself!)



Today I want to share with you my thoughts on living a balanced life. Let’s look at our lives and examine whether or not we are in balance.



Oops….not me. How about you? Living a balanced life is something which we should strive for. (Not strive as in anxiousness but in praying in forward.)



Let’s look at what we have to work with…..family, immediate and extended, career, social life, church life, domestic/yard work, raising our children, taking care of our pets, etc……(I need a nap.)



When we allow our lives to get out of balance as we sometimes do; our unbalanced life comes back to do us harm. We end up sick, tired, anxious, upset, a little cranky, and disoriented and quiet.



Are you taking care of others and not yourself? We can get caught up in this thinking that we are the only ones who can care for someone else. That is not so. Even if you get someone to help out for a few hours – then you can take care of you. Recharge, restart….become refreshed and renewed.



Getting balance back into our lives is not easy. We have experienced this ourselves. All of a sudden you are in a position of “doing too much” and you wonder how you are going to get out from under the pressure.



I truly believe that God does not intend for us nor want us to run around like our hair is on fire. He wants balance in our lives….He wants to balance your life.



A friend once told me to be careful with what I say “yes” to. I’m the type of person who says “yes” to almost everything. “Sure I can do that…” “Not a problem, when do you want me?” Then I wonder what has happened!



So what have I done? I have scrambled my life up more and the juggling act begins. Someone or something will fall and normally it is me.



Of course when I fall, as a Mom, everything else falls. I take it with me. Not a good thing to do.



Living a balanced life is a quality of life that I look for. We do not need to be running crazy doing one thing in excess while trying to hold up the other ends.



So let’s not do too much of one thing and neglect others. What is important? What absolutely needs to be done? That’s it….start your day out putting it all in order then the picture becomes crystal clear. “JustAsk” for help and direction and your life will be made right.



I better run now; I have a plate to catch before it falls….I need to make a difference. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment