Monday, July 20, 2009

The Good Idea/Depth of Intensity

Good Monday morning….

As I sit here preparing to share with you this morning; I am reminded of how thankful we need to be. I realize that I mention “thankfulness” quite often but some need to be reminded on a daily basis that life in itself alone is a gift which must be celebrated.

This comes to mind as I hear people yelling at each other….I hear people yelling at pets…..I ask, do you really want to start your day this way? Some of us just need to be reminded of what we have, who we have and whose we are.

George and I were talking a few days ago and we got on the subject of “depth of intensity.” This is how it came up…..

I was mentioning coffee and how some coffees have more intensity of flavor, more boldness and richness over some others. The same is true with wine. I’m not quite as familiar in this area but I’ve heard others speak of bouquets, intensity and depths of wine.

There are some establishments where I will not get coffee because it leaves me drinking something flat, without texture, without “depth of intensity.” I’m just drinking some dark water with cream. Yuck!

Right after we talked about my coffee thoughts….I went to “depth of intensity” on a personal level.

What about our personal “depth of intensity?” What lies deep down inside each of us? How far does our compassion, belief, love, integrity, honesty, truth and flavor go?

Do we just look good on the outside – full of whipped cream, steaming goodness and a warning that says…."Careful, may be hot to handle?"

If we are passionate about our beliefs and convictions then we better not only say “Careful, may be hot to handle”…we better feel it all the way down to our inner most being.

I am passionate about a few things. Really???? HA HA…Do I keep talking about them? Ummm, probably so. I often wonder if people go the other way when I approach. It’s like being a vacuum salesman…"I already have one!"

When you love something, when you are full of joy and excitement; it just runs through your veins and becomes who you are. You have a “depth of intensity” about you that everyone notices.

You walk through a room shining in the light of knowing whose you are, what you are made of and knowing that you are true down to your toes. No pretense, no trying to impress anyone because you are secure in yourself and you are walking out your beliefs. How great is that????

I just love passion. I just love being filled with the passion of truth. “Depth of intensity” there are many layers to go through and oh so filling.

I pray this day finds you full of deep down intensity. Be intense over your passions, your dreams, your beliefs and your love. You will shine because you are sure that you are going to make a difference. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment