Monday, May 18, 2009

JustAsk/Time spent/Time invested

Good morning to all….

How great is it to start a day discovering the first 2 meetings that you had scheduled were canceled for another time? Yes, so wonderful. I describe this as “bonus” time. Time I thought was occupied just opened up for me to be purposeful in. This is a gift that I enjoy opening.

Speaking of time….how about this….do you just spend time or do you invest time? Great question don’t you think? This is a question that we should ponder. What does it all mean?

I say we do both…we spend time and we invest time. But do we do one more than the other? Probably. Are you being worthy of the time given to you?

Would you say that investing your time is better than spending your time? Now if you ask George he always says that, “investing is better than spending!” I do believe however that he means my shopping habits. Opps!

Anyway let’s think about it. If we just spend time aren’t we wasting time? We should be productive and useful in the things we do. So if we aren’t investing in our time, then maybe we should just stay home.

As my Mama would have said, “If you can’t go and have a good time, you might as well stay home.” I’m not real sure that fits here but it just came to mind and I had to share….thanks Mom!

We are called for a purpose….we are NOT to just take up space and meander around wondering what to do next.

We have all asked ourselves – “Why am I here?” “What am I doing here?” We better be investing our time or we loose it all.

Investing our time may very well insure our destiny. You have been given something - now what are you going to do with it?

Make YOUR time count. Be productive, be helpful, be teachable, be loveable and be willing to share. The time you put into investing may make all the difference in the world. Invest your time, your talents, your money and your life – it is a true teaching. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment