Friday, May 8, 2009

The Good Idea/Thoughts

Good morning and “Oh Happy Day”……

What a day we have in store. The temperature is great, the sun is peaking out and I smell flowers blooming!

My daughter Sarah did indeed make it home with ALL of her stuff. I’m sure she did not leave home with ALL of this. My living room has turned into a dorm room. I cannot wait to see how she cleans this up.

A couple of things that I would like to mention – first of all…you know that when I feel a need to lift someone up I do that. Today I want to say congratulations to a friend of mine.

She is humble, kind, soft-spoken, caring, and loving; she has a sweet smile, a warm and compassionate heart.

My friend has been honored with a Distinguished Academic Achievement Award. This is a very big Award which is being given to a wonderful person who thoroughly deserves it. Congratulations Kim!

Here’s number two on my agenda….signs! Too many of them. While traveling yesterday to haul Sarah’s TOO MUCH STUFF back; we passed about one zillion road signs. I got dizzy! (Some say not too hard for me!)

Anyway, how are we supposed to read all of these signs and still drive? I suppose we are not to do that.

Then I think of the trees cut down just so that these signs can be put up for the people who cannot read them.

There are too many distractions in our day. There are too many distractions keeping us from what is truly important…and in this case, driving.

These signs even obstruct the beautiful country side. I say less reading as we drive and more enjoying the ride. Are you with me????? (Unless that sign points me to the nearest coffee house!)

Enjoy your beautiful day and if you are a MOM….Happy Mother’s Day! Do something fun and just for you. The difference can always start with Mom. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment