Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Good Idea/What do you want?

Good morning and a happy day to all…..

How can we not be happy on a day like this? Let’s see…now what has happened so far? The sun came up, we woke up, the air is clean, the temperature is crisp and I can see for miles.

We have been given another chance today to make some changes in our lives and the lives around us. God’s mercies are new every day and I say let’s grab them up and enjoy all that we do in His name.

Today I want to talk about asking for what you want. Do you ask for what you want? Are you specific about what you need? Or do you beat around the bush?

I’m still struggling with this. I very much use to skirt the issue. I very much use to roll my toes into the ground and sheepishly say…."well if you want to."

Then I would wonder why nothing happened. Hello???? Well of course nothing happened; people could not read my mind. I had to learn to be specific with my desires, needs and wants.

I believe that honesty and asking for exactly what you want go hand in hand. It is about being up front with what we need.

So many times I would prejudge people by saying “oh I’m sure that they do not want to be bothered.” This is not a good thing to do. Then I would hear – “why didn’t you just ask me?”

I guess if you hear “no” a lot in your life you become a little “gun” shy. Maybe that was me…maybe it still is to an extent. But I am learning.

Be bold, be brave, and be out there with your needs, desires and wants. If the person you are asking cannot help you then they won’t. Also keep in mind – if you don’t ask; they won’t know.

No more prejudging people on what you think they might do or say. Let’s give people their voices back and start communicating. It shows love, respect, concern and trust. We can really make a difference with that. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment