Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Good Idea/Hang On

Good morning to all….

What a way to start the day…I can’t move. My oldest had me exercising with her this morning. “They” say exercising makes one feel better. I ask….when does that kick in?

She just kind of sprints, skips, moves along and then says to me…"come on Mom, push it." I said….”I am!” Heaven help me this summer!

Recently I’ve heard people talking about how they have had enough. They have had enough of the struggle, the disappointments, the seeming failures in their lives and how they feel they can’t go on.

Once before I shared with you how I say “In order to get through it; you have to go through it.” People will say, “I can’t do that.” “I can’t do that again.” I say, “Look you just made it through.” Look at the situation from the other side. You made it.

I’m not saying it is always easy. I know that it is not. What I am saying is that we have to continually move. Move through the problems, issues, circumstances and wilderness.

I feel that everyone needs to find that place of security. That place where we know we can push through and that we are not alone.

How do you get there? Reach out and JustAsk. The end is really not the end. The end may very well be the beginning if you JustAsk and believe that you can make it.

You have been equipped to make it through. You have been given the tools to guide you. The problem is many of us do not know how to find them. JustAsk

I found this great quote from Thomas Jefferson, “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” (That sounds like something my Mama would have said!)

There is a lifeline and it is just waiting for you to reach out. I’m sure Thomas Jefferson had many knots to hold onto and look at what he accomplished.

It is like “pushing” through on the exercising with Sarah…I found the knot to hang onto and kept going. (Her ponytail!) I see you doing the same thing. If we keep doing this - think of all the difference we can make. Nothing can stop us when we hang on. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment