Friday, May 15, 2009

The Good Idea/Get up & Get out

Hello & Good morning….

As I sit here getting ready to talk with you; I place Sammy (our Cockatiel) on my lap and she is forever happy in her place. Talk about contentment and safety. Her little head is tucked inside her wing and she is ready for a “long winter’s nap.” Shall I surprise her and tell her it is spring???

So we are ready and here we go….today I want to share with you my ideas on getting up and getting out. Doing something with ourselves and not just waiting for the next guy to get it going for us.

I was listening to an acquaintance of mine discuss how she has a hard time getting out of bed in the morning because she feels ill-equipped for the day.

You say low self confidence…possibly. Low self esteem….possibly. But why I have to ask? Somewhere, somehow did someone tell her that she “couldn’t” or that what she did didn’t matter? Maybe so.

In an earlier part of my life when I was left on my own; I had to discover something in me that pushed me to go on and the confidence that I could get there. Was I really doing it on my own…absolutely not.

We like to think that we “do it on our own” but we do have help from above. That is if we JustAsk.

When you have a need and you know that you are responsible for taking care of it; then you better get moving. You say, “I don’t know what direction to go into”…."I don’t know how to do it"...."Who’s going to let me do that?"

With these questions in mind nothing will come to pass until you get up and get going. Taking the first step, although it may be very hard, is the only way to do it. We are met half way when we begin to walk out.

Reach out your hand and JustAsk. I heard a quote by Hugh Downs, “Life begins when you do.” Isn’t this the truth!

If you find yourself sitting around wondering how it is all going to happen, I say get up and get out. Even if it is for a walk….you never know who you will meet. Remember the Divine connections which we have talked about. One is waiting to happen just for you.

JustAsk….desire, believe and achieve! What a difference the right attitude and movement can make. Have a blessed weekend. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment