Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Good Idea/Love Letters

Good morning everyone….

Well college is coming to a close for this year. My daughter Sarah will be home soon and I am looking forward to her company. It is such a pleasure when a child returns home.

We’ll spend countless hours talking, visiting coffee shops, browsing the retail outlets…wait a minute – now the picture is coming in clearly. We will be doing abnormal amounts of laundry, visiting the grocery for just the right “healthy” foods and explaining to her sister and brother why they have to stay out of her room. YEAH!!!! These are the days! Look out summer – here we come. Welcome home Sweetheart!

I’ve been in a “dreamy” state recently. Yes “dreamy.” I’ve been thinking about “love letters.” HeeHee I won’t get too mushy on you.

When we think of “love letters” we think of heartfelt verses of on-going devotion. Love being expressed through poetic writing. Swinging and swaying of characters written to express carefree and undying love. Oh….the sweet sound to my ears.

What about the “love letters” to friends that just say “Hi?” That say “I care about you.” Love letters that express our concern. Love letters that are inviting and comforting. These are all “love letters.” They express our heartfelt emotions that we truly do care.

I realize that the word “love” gets thrown around a lot these days and I don’t mean to add to the rubble. I just want to show that we can all “love” on each other without getting too mushy.

When we encourage someone, when we pat on someone’s shoulder, when we tell someone that they look great today, when we congratulate someone on a job well done, when we speak truth to them, when we reach out our hand or even when we invite them out for ice cream…we are telling them that we love them. We care for them. We enjoy their company. We are writing “love letters.”

This is my “love letter” to you. I care about you. I believe in you and what you do. I want so much more for you.

We may not always be able to touch the people who love us but they are there. Our Father loves us very much and He uses others to show us His love. Touch on someone today…say good job…touch their shoulder…make a difference in their day. This will also make a difference in yours. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment