Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Good Idea/What have you done?

And a wonderful morning to you…..

I have to tell you that I am so full of joy today that I am “beside myself.” I feel great happiness, unspeakable joy and peace running through my body.

I feel like a child who is running around outside with their hands up and they are yelling and laughing because “something” has just tickled their fancy…there has been great revelation delivered unto them that they just have to share. Yes, that is where I am at. What a glorious place to be. Please come join me!

Lately I’ve been observing myself and the things around me. I’ve also observed others and the things around them. Now I ask myself, “what have you done with what has been given to you?”

Let’s start with ourselves…our physical bodies. Have we taken care of them? Have we kept them groomed? Have we fed them well? Have we filled our minds with the importance of truth? – Or - Have we destroyed our bodies with trash? Have we given no regard to supplying the organs with the good things that make them operate? Do we disrespect our physical bodies? - Or – the physical bodies of others?

Now what about our material possessions? Our home, our car, our clothes, our furnishings…how are they being kept?

Sometimes I have seen what looks like a car posing as a home. Haven’t you? There is so much “stuff” on the seats of a car that I do believe people live in it. There is trash, half eaten food, empty bottles rolling around and some clothes and shoes.

If this is someone’s living conditions than I pray for mercy and deliverance but if this is how some choose to live then I pray for order.

We have been given so much….why not cherish it all by being grateful and taking care of what we have?

This brings to mind the stories which I have heard regarding an apartment building which my husband and his partners own. The apartments have been cleaned and fixed up under strict and desirable living conditions.

When the people move in everything is great…when they move out…what destruction has been made. Now I ask why? Why are some things trashed? Do some people really like to live this way? I just can’t imagine.

Everything we have, own and possess is a gift given to us by God. What are you doing with the gifts that you have been given? These gifts come in many shapes, forms and sizes and each one is worthy of maintenance.

My husband George would say that this is all about “value.” I have to agree with him. Let’s take care of ourselves and what we have…it’s in high honor to our Lord. You will see and experience a huge difference in your life. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment