Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Good Idea/Unaware

Hello & Good morning….

How did you start your day today? I was blessed with being able to sit for a moment or two out on the deck with George. I felt the “Son” shine for sure!

This morning while we were talking about the bird incident from yesterday; I was taken back to the times when I knew that people were taken “unaware.”

I do believe that we have talked about this before but I am being led to bring it up again. Someone needs to hear this and maybe make adjustments in their life.

Being taken “unaware.” It is powerful; it is quick and sometimes deadly. This is how it goes….you go to the Doctor’s for a routine appointment and you leave hearing that you need surgery. You leave your house for a vacation and end up in a car crash or plane crash. Were you expecting these things….no….were you prepared? Probably not. Most of us aren’t prepared for what life throws at us.

When I think of being unaware a certain story always comes to mind for me. Back home, several years ago, I heard of a story involving an elderly Pastor and his wife.

This couple, happy as they could be, arrive home after a Christmas church service. They enter their home only to find 2 young men, whom they hired to help around the church and their home, waiting to do harm to them. Both end up tragically being killed. For what, I ask….?

So here is this couple, coming home talking about the evening perhaps, planning their Christmas with family only to find themselves “unaware” of what is about to happen.

What about the latest Metro crash…killing several and injuring many others? Were the people ready? Probably not. They were on their way home maybe and some did not make it to their physical homes.

Our fallen sisters and brothers from September 11, 2001, were they ready….maybe not, they were just fellow travelers going from one destination to another.

The birds from yesterday – when they woke up in the morning singing praises and anxious to receive more flight instructions from their Mom…did they know that a cat was laying and waiting for his breakfast…NO. They were taken “unaware.”

What about us? What are you prepared for? Do you have yourself ready for the day? Have you done your work? I know that we cannot and should not live in a state of “oh my gosh….what will happen today” mode.

We must live in a state of peace knowing that we are being saved. How do you do that? You “JustAsk” for His grace and mercy then you will be able to handle all things. Life comes in unsuspecting but you can cradle yourself in His protection.

When I realized this my whole life changed. Is it easier now and “less scary?” Yes, I would say so. I am not in control but I am no longer “scared” about the outcome. The difference has been made in Him. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment