Friday, June 5, 2009

The Good Idea/Shining Light

Good morning everyone….

With all of this rain my flowers look beautiful. I purchased some flowers that did not cost a lot but to look at them now…..one would never know that I found them in the bargain basement! We have even had great results with trees that we discovered in the “lost and found!” This must be about the “ugly duck” that turns into the “swan.”

While cleaning the chandelier over the kitchen table the other day I said…WOW too bright I can see too much now. Too much dirt is what I saw. What to do? I can either keep the light off or clean house. I think that I shall clean house.

This too holds true for us. When that bright white light shines on us, what does it find? What is being exposed to the outside world that maybe we do not want exposed?

Do we need to clean up, dust off, straighten up and fly right?

When God’s light hits us we normally discover a realization in ourselves that needs to be changed. Are we teachable? Are we reachable? Are we willing and able to have His light shine on us to expose our frailties? Scary don’t you think? That is unless you are more than OK with yourself.

I believe that everyone needs a little polish around the edges. Everyone needs to be guided back onto the pathway again. Everyone needs to be reminded of where the rough spots are.

Just by looking up into the Light we can see where changes need to be made. Maybe a little dusting here, there or everywhere. Some of us even need to get out the Windex.

I prefer to be in His light…how about you? Not necessarily to always be exposed but to find out where the problem areas are and then focus on fixing them.

I know of some people who live just to shine the light on others. These people live to expose the weakness and dust of others. You know who they are – they come into your home and walk in looking up toward the ceiling lights!

My gracious Mother-In-Law says, “I won’t look at yours if you won’t look at mine.” She is wonderful. Have you ever heard of a Mother-In-Law that doesn’t look for the dust in her Daughter-In-Law’s home? She is more than great! She is a wonderful friend of mine.

I still plan on getting out the Windex but I probably won’t wear my glasses while doing it. Now that is too much information at once. Oh and I better go a little deeper with the cleaning clothes because you never know what kind of difference it might make. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment