Friday, June 26, 2009

The Good Idea/Short fuse

And a good morning to all……

We are getting a house guest today – a cute little dog named Brie. We love her so and are excited about having her visit. My husband thinks that by watching Brie our need and want for a dog is met and our children will be satisfied. I’m not so sure that is working. Actually if the truth be known….I’m feeling like we “need” one also!

Today I want to share with you thoughts on having a “short fuse.”

Now where does having a “short fuse” leave you? Where does it leave the person it is directed to? Most of us just have that look on our face…....asking “what did they say?”

That happened last night while riding with our kids to a basketball game. We were turning left and a truck was approaching us from the opposite direction. I “think” that the driver thought we did not give him enough room or something so he expressed his “frustration” to us.

HA HA….I asked George the typical question…"what did he say?" I think George heard him say…"have a nice night!" Then the kids ask…"what did he say?"

I started to laugh because the things that people get upset with at times just amaze me. We did not do anything intentional to him….we did not even know that we were in the wrong.

We chalk that up to someone getting up on the wrong side of the bed. It was however 8:45PM and he should have been up long ago! Funny how these behaviors are sometimes tolerated.

Why do we permit foul language? Why do we permit harsh actions? Granted sometimes we cannot do anything about it. I’ve heard people say, “Well that’s just the way they are.” I say…not a good excuse. That is not acceptable.

So I ask you, do you have a “short fuse?” Then I suggest that maybe you should lengthen it…life will be so much better. You will not be yelling out of your car window, you will not be slamming doors, stomping’ up steps, throwing things…etc.

And you will take on a CALM appearance. Enjoy all that you do this day and remain calm….a difference will be made. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment