Friday, March 27, 2009

The Good Idea/Happy Birthday

Good morning to all……

What a glorious day….this morning we celebrated. Today is a special day in our household….it is our youngest daughter’s birthday.

We started our morning off with a cinnamon coffee cake with candles, singing and presents galore. Alexa is at that age now where her wants have changed to fashion. I so do miss the new doll gifts. I guess we are getting away from those little girl times and into bigger girl things. The end of an era….it had to come, didn’t it?

As we were singing to Alexa, her brother sat by watching and grinning at us. He then told her, “Just wait Alexa they will soon start to embarrass you in public.” This is great; we now know how to get to Matthew.

Today I would like to celebrate life; everyone’s life. Talk about a joyous occasion! There is cake for everyone! How precious life is and how short life is.

You wake up one morning and your focus is strictly on yourself and what you plan on doing with your day. You go to sleep, wake up and now your focus is on others and what you need to do to take care of those around you.

Where did that time go? George and I think about this from time to time when we think of our marriage. Where has the time gone? We have so enjoyed and loved our time together that it has flown by. We have totally meshed together as one so living apart does not even seem possible.

The same with our children; when did they grow up? Where was I and what was I doing? Physically I was here, mentally I was here, emotionally I was here but it just went so fast.

Whew – slow down. I have just been reminded of this thought….A couple of days ago I was fussing about not having enough of my “own” time to get done what needed to be done.

I’m being stopped by one thing or the other…then I realized and remembered that I am exactly where I need to be…getting done what I need to do.

There will be a day when the kids are gone from the home and I will say, “Where did they go?” “I can finish this work later, I want to see them.”

We are getting caught up in our daily lives. We do not embrace the perfect gifts that God has given to us. Each other and our children.

In a moment it comes then it will be gone. Cherish, cherish, cherish. Hold tight and be thankful for the time given for each moment with someone. It will not last forever.

I was gifted with a book from my Sister called “If Only I Knew” by Lance Wubbels, and on one page it states, “If only I knew…this was the last gift I could give you, I would surprise you with something that says nothing compares with you.”

How true. On this earth nothing compares with life itself. Enjoy, embrace, love, celebrate and cherish. Happy Birthday my little one….I love you. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment