Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Good Idea/Winds of Change

Good morning my friends….

As I was walking home this morning from taking my daughter over to school; I looked up into the sky and saw the beauty that was put out ahead of me. The clouds were parting at just the right place to let the sun peek through. The gentle winds started to blow and life was starting to come “alive.” What a beautiful site to see – I saw peace. Thank you Lord.

Speaking of “winds”….that is what I want to share with you today. “Winds of change”… I’ve heard that expression since I was little. How about you? I’ve wondered what those words meant and recently I’ve thought about them again.

We are in a season where the winds are picking up and fall is being ushered in. These winds are bringing in cooler temperatures and some rain.

We have the winds of winter and they bring in cold and snow. We have the winds of spring and they bring in warmth and rain. Then we have the winds of summer and they bring in heat and rain. (A lot of rain here.)

We can watch the weatherman/weather woman and they tell us of winds which cause change. There are winds which bring in storms…winds which bring in soft breezes and lazy days. They seem to have this down to a science.

What about the winds which bring about a sudden change; an unexplained change? A change which no one saw coming? This is a wind which seems to blow out from nowhere. These winds catch our attention. They may even make you shudder a little.

Have you ever experienced this type of “wind?” I have. These types of winds will make you take notice…it gets your attention.

Changes are happening all around us. Changes are being ushered in all of the time. “Winds of change”….they are bringing something new in around us.

May I suggest that you take notice of how the winds blow? Are they around you, over you or through you? I believe that there are messages in the wind if we have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Enjoy your “windy” day and listen carefully for a message…it could be blowing around you just to make a difference in your day. Nancy
(www.justaskbooks.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment