Friday, September 11, 2009

The Good Idea/Great gatherings

Good morning to all….

As I sit and share with you this morning I hear the rain coming down ever so softly. If you know me at all you know that this soft falling rain has a tendency to put me to sleep. I see visions of my bed, plumped pillows and down comforter….umm…too bad it is not 10PM.

OK…time to stop dreaming….Have you ever heard of a “great gathering?” Have you ever hosted a “great gathering?” “Great gathering”…Reminds me of Charlie Brown.

I’m speaking of a lot of people getting together for something. A “great gathering” could be a church, a sporting event, a concert, a rally or dinner at someone’s house.

Have you ever hosted a “great gathering?” Some people love to entertain. They love to have others over and make them feel comfortable. They just love to serve.

I believe that it is so important to make others feel comfortable. I would like to believe that my home is one such place. I want my home to be a place of comfort, a place where others feel at home, a place where we can serve each other out of love…not obligation.

I’m sure that many people entertain “great gatherings” and do so with a chip on their shoulder. Let’s face it, preparing for a “great gathering” is a big job. But think of the rewards.

When we serve others we show them love and respect. We show them that we care and we are glad that they are with us. We tend to them and we take care of their very needs.

A few “Good Ideas” ago I mentioned how I was the neighborhood Mom and how I loved that. Whether we are serving small children or adults the rewards are the same. We are showing God’s love for others. What a wonderful opportunity to take care of others.

Recently it has been impressed upon me to always serve our best to others. You know my Mama always said, “You can’t take it with you.” So use it. What are we saving the good stuff for? Dust??? George and I mentioned that we enjoy serving on our “good” porcelain…it gives us an excuse to wash them. HA HA

Many of us have hutches, cabinets, curio cabinets at home…what is in yours? Do you use the items in those cabinets/hutches? Probably not…just like me….well it is time to get them out and enjoy them.

Serving others our best….get ready for those “great gatherings”….people will so enjoy the extra effort you put forth and you will enjoy the difference that it makes. Nancy
(www.justaskbooks.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment